Thursday, April 2, 2009

The harder it is, the better it is in the end...

ha ha ha, I am really cracking myself up over that title, I thought of it hours ago.

Yesterday was a not my favorite day. I woke up and it was dreary, chilly and raining and it automatically put me in a sour mood. I went to work and put up with normal work bullshit but then I had to go to a meeting afterwards. Imagine you were a lawyer (I'm not) and you have to go to a meeting where the presidents of the International Lawer Society (ILS) were there and there was also a bunch of bitter people that had lost their court cases and you were the only lawyer in the room and the discussion for two hours was Hey! lawyers suck! They are all mean! and horrible! and they don't want to help us! Let's have more meetings and make the lawyers come so we can tell them about how sucky they are!

Then I finally got to leave to go stand in the rain for 30 minutes and wait for the bus. It was just as awesome as you would imagine. The bus finally came and I went home and ate a nice healthy dinner and had some cantaloupe and sliced apple for dessert. I was so thankful for the day to be over and I climbed into bed. A few hours after falling asleep I heard the horrible barking seal cough of a croupy toddler. I went and got Eli and sat with him in the bathroom with the shower running while he sobbed and sobbed. I finally calmed him down and got him back in bed and then I could.not.sleep because Eli was probably dying so I had to keep getting up every few hours to check on him but I couldn't sleep in between and I laid there feeling anxious and exhausted, only to realize a few hours into it that Hey! guess what, my throat is killing me. Yay!

I spent most of today exhausted and kind of dragging through my day but when I got home Teddy and Eli were ready for us to go out to the park for me to do my jog, and you know what, it sucked. It was hard and I was so tired but I did it and I felt great afterward. I was so proud of myself because the old me would have said "fuck it" I had a bad day I'll go home, eat some snacks and take a nap...but this is better because the harder it is, the better it is in the end...(oh man, that is still cracking me up)

3 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Your title cracks me up too. Glad that he's feeling better and that you ran! That's awesome. I think I might have run and then gone to stuff my face full of snacks.

DAVs said...

Poor Eli. That sounds pretty awful. What a good Mom you are, sitting in the steam shower!
And yay for running even when you didn't want to.
I've already had way too many snacks today...can't.seem.to.stop.

Hotch Potchery said...

That day did sound sucky. Good for you doing your jog anyway!