Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Candy Day!

So as it turns out I have no self control. This weekend I was like an alcoholic at an open bar, let me just list for you the candy I have had since Friday:
  • Runts
  • Laffy Taffy
  • Sweet Tarts
  • Nerds
  • M&Ms
  • Robin Eggs (malted milk balls)
  • Jelly Bellys
  • Sugar cookies (which I don't even really like)
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Bunny

I.CAN.NOT.STOP. I have instructed Teddy to rid the house of ALL candy tomorrow and I will enter sugar detox. I did punish myself for my candy OD by running Friday, 30 Day Shred yesterday, and then another run today. I'm just hoping I haven't gained at tomorrows weigh in!


Besides the diabetic shock that I will probably be going into soon, we had a great Easter. Eli loved, loved, loved his "little guitar" that the Easter bunny brought and plays it very seriously and makes Teddy sing. In other news Eli is still using his pacifier to sleep. I lasted all of about two minutes last night. He was perfectly happy to put his pacifier on the plate with the cookies we left out for the Easter Bunny and then once we read his story and put him in bed he started asking for his bebes...I just couldn't stand how sad he seemed so I gave them back. I really suck at this. He will be the only kid in high school with a diaper and a pacifier.


5 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

Yeah, it is hard to see them sad. It would probably only take one or two days, but they will be brutal. Maybe you will get lucky and he will just "forget" that he likes them.

I emailed before I thought to check for a blogpost.

I had 7 Laffy Taffy's and a Cadbury Egg today. I think I am good with the candy. BUT, I had a half a box of shells/cheese for dinner. WHOOPS. and no running today, I am kinda sick. I am hoping for no gain, we shall see.

Not Your Aunt B said...

I don't even want to know how much I have eaten since Friday. I know I have already gained 2 lbs. and it must be pure carbs. Happy Easter! I love Eli and his guitar. If he was only 30 years older....

DAVs said...

I love those malted milk eggs, too. We've almost eaten one whole bag in two days, between two adults. So sad.

Oh Eli and his little guitar! I love me a man with a guitar, as you do, too! I love his expression, it's pure rock 'n' roll.

creative kerfuffle said...

that's the cutest picture! soooo sweet. and, for the record, both of my kids were 3 before they got rid of their pacys. we bribed the girl--3rd bday, you get a big girl bike if you toss tha pacys. it worked (i kept a couple hidden away just in case). the boy just sort of quit on his own.

Not Your Aunt B said...

We use the L'Oreal Kids Detangler- it seems to work and we wash her hair every other day with Suave Kids shampoo (I think the one for curly hair). It usually frizzes. A lot. Like an afro.