Sunday, April 26, 2009

Polar bear, take 3

May 2007
May 2008

April 2009


One of the things I was thinking about as I was jogging this morning (HOLY HEAT! How come no one told me jogging in the heat is a whole new ballgame? I thought I was going to die, or throw up, or maybe pass out and it was only like 80 degrees) is that I really love traditions and that is something that makes me sad about moving.

I know we will get to make new traditions with more family and I think it will be very good, but I will miss the Spring trip to see the polar bear, and the annual Mother's Day picnic on the pier, and Eli's birthday at the sprinklers, and the same mall Santa we've seen for the last three years...and well anyway, you get my point...


Next year maybe we'll drive to Atlanta, they probably have a polar bear there...

ETA: I just checked the Atlanta Zoo website and they don't even have a Polar Bear, now I'm sad.

4 comments:

DAVs said...

Holy cow. Time flies. I swear you posted last year's polar bear pic only a few months ago...I feel old. And like time is passing by way too fast. Oh man. That is one adorable kid! And the polar bear isn't too bad either.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Maybe you could do a NYC Mother's Day trip and do it all, esp. if Eli's birthday is around then too. Funny the things you get attached to, but I am the same way.

And you think the heat is bad. Wait for the humidity. Bwahahahaha!

Hotch Potchery said...

I just googled, and you could go see a dead, stuffed polar bear at the museum attached to the Montgomery Zoo.

I think Bea's idea of a NYC Mother's Day trip is a good one, school is always out by Mother's Day here.

creative kerfuffle said...

i love these types of traditions : ) that first pic reminds me of the charlie brown picture you took of steamboat! LOL maybe hotch could get a pet polar bear? i dunno.