Wednesday, April 8, 2009

8 is enough?

Oh dear. Oh, I officially have no shame. Here is the thing. I bought myself a pair of motivation jeans in a petite size 8. They came today and I will have to say I was pleasantly surprised I could button them. Oh, it wasn't comfortable and it looks like absolute hell, but they buttoned. I think the last time I wore a size 8 I was probably in college. I am THRILLED to be able to button a single digit size. When I started this journey I was comfortably wearing a size 16.

My goal is to be able to wear these pants (and look good in them) when we go to my sister's house over Memorial Day. Teddy's band is playing that weekend and I want to look HOTT, not old and fat. I sometimes feel bad for Teddy because when we started dating I was probably a few pounds less than I am now, but in the next several years I put on fifty pounds. I did have a nine pound baby and I put on a lot of weight after I started taking antidepressants for the PPD, but still...He never has said ANYTHING but I know he has to notice. A big part of this has been to look better for myself, but honestly it has also been about looking better for him too.

Weight loss has been a major part of my life for the last several months, and that has been very apparent in my writing but I don't want to forget about my son who is changing and making us laugh every day. Yesterday was the first time he made up a word from his imagination. He was telling us about a Daboof bird that he saw flying in his room and it goes DABOOF and it made him laugh hysterically (he is just like his mother, he laughs at his own lame jokes). He also likes to pretend to be a baby penguin and he is still into practicing his skating/surfing moves on a Frisbee or his high chair tray.

5 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

:::clapping hysterically::::::: first for doing such a great job losing weight. second for sharing the picture!

i love that eli acts like a penguin. this is the second penguin reference i've seen on blogs today, must be a good omen for me cos i love me some penguins.

Hotch Potchery said...

That is soooooooo great. I am so impressed, and very very jealous. I haven't worn a size 8 since the summer between high school and college. WOW!

Not Your Aunt B said...

You will totally look hot in those jeans by Memorial Day- probably sooner! I think the stomach is the hardest thing to get rid off without lipo or a tummy tuck. Even on the Biggest Loser last night they said that doing a million crunches doesn't really help. Argh! And your arms look skinny in the photo. Look at those bony wrists! Yes, I notice these things.

Eli and Miss A are two peas in a pod. The word that cracks her up is chocamole. A cross between chocolate and guacamole. She IS my kid after all!

DAVs said...

Hey I didn't know Eli still played in a band? You must share.
We'll be back in the city in three weeks--woo hoot! I cannot wait, wishing it was for longer now, naturally.

Those jeans are super cute and you will look awesome in them--the fact that they basically fit now means just a few pounds more and there ya go.

Daboof! That's my new favorite word officially. I will use it, not as a bird, but just as a word to mean "there you go." It makes sense to me.

Penny said...

Ashley, I hope we can meet up for lunch or something when you guys are in town, are you staying in Brooklyn or NYC?