Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter Eve!

Yesterday we made Easter cookies. They NEVER look like I imagine them. They always end up looking like a blind toddler made them. I don't know what my problem is but cookie making is just not one of my talents. I ate about 10 handfuls of the cookie decorations and then wanted to throw up. I have really been craving sweets and candy lately and I had told Teddy that I was going to have some candy this weekend! The first couple of fistfuls I shoved in my mouth tasted really awesome...by the time I got to the last handful they tasted too sweet and were sort of making me nauseous. I will have to say that my limit yesterday, was no where near where my old limit would have been. In the olden days we would not have any of the M&Ms left, today I sent Teddy to work with about half of the bag....

We are very excited about Easter tomorrow. Eli is understanding the concept more and more that the Easter Bunny is coming and bringing him candy! and toys! We are still telling him he has to give his pacifiers to the Easter Bunny for the baby bunnies and he is very agreeable but I don't think he really understands that means he won't have them anymore. We will see. I already told Teddy I'm not going to force it...

Here is an Easter gift for you because I like you. When Eli was about 7 months old Target was selling these bunny costumes. I could not resist and we spent Eli's first Easter dragging him around town in this costume, we loved it.


4 comments:

DAVs said...

Oh my GAWD. Eli in that bunny suit. Like "A Christmas Story" except it's not totally pink. He is so freakin' adorable and I love that you dragged him everywhere in it.

Your cookies are cute! I didn't make any Easter cookies this year. Last year (time flies) we were doing IVF#3 around Easter and I baked a ton of egg cookies and delivered them to the embryologists and the fertility clinic, thinking how clever I was with the egg cookie thing. And they STILL didn't give me the "real" medicine :) Just kidding.

I'm glad the candy didn't really end up tasting that good. I went through that with giving up Diet Coke. Now they gross me out. I wish I could say candy grosses me out, but really it doesn't. And I have zippo self-control around it.

PS We're staying in Brooklyn right by where StinkFest is being held. But I plan on hanging out in the city all day on the Friday before.... but alas, I'm sure you're working that day....maybe we could meet up for dessert Friday night?

Hotch Potchery said...

I think your cookies look really good! What did you end up doing with our egg creations? AND, speaking of crafty things, how goes the knitting?

My hobby has to be organizing and packing now. boring.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Any extra cookies you don't want you can send to me! Feed my addiction!

And Eli is too cute. I would parade him around in that outfit too!

creative kerfuffle said...

your cookies looked awesome actually! what about coloring eggs? do you do that? we colored eggs saturday night. i love it. that eli in the bunny outfit is to die for!
i don't even want to discuss the crap i've eaten this weekend. 1/2 a box of crunch & munch for starters.