Friday, June 26, 2009

not unlike taking a Xanax

I am feeling so anxious right now my chest is tight and I feel extra aware of all my movements. Today is the day we find out if Teddy gets the buyout package. Since we found out about the buyout I have attached a lot of emotional/spiritual/crazy meaning to the buyout. In my mind I started relating the buyout package with whether or not we were meant to move to Alabama.

I know this sounds completely nuts, believe me it is to me too, but I just built this up in my head and now can't seem to let go of the idea. I keep thinking if we get the buyout it is because we are supposed to move to Alabama and if we don't get the buyout we have obviously made some huge mistake.

UPDATE: I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.... TEDDY CALLED RIGHT THIS SECOND WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS AND SAID HE GOT IT!

I guess it is meant to be....which is lucky because we were going either way. I feel like a huge weight was just lifted off my chest. Now we can afford to move and I don't have to panic about finding a job the second we get there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are supposed to move to alabama...

eli needs to romp with horses, and you need to nap in a hammock.

teddy

Hotch Potchery said...

I think you ARE supposed to move here too. I am so excited that you can be a bit less stressed, and start to enjoy the idea more.

I am so happy for you guys, I feel like crap because for some reason I just decided you were going to get the buyout, so I didn't worry.

Shelley said...

Congrats on getting it - you must feel so much better, knowing that you can relax a bit with the move - which obviously is stressful enough!

So when will you actually move?

Not Your Aunt B said...

I think you ARE supposed to move irregardless, but the buyout package will certainly make it less stressful. I am excited for you guys!

DAVs said...

Congrats on it all working out! Don't go making yourself crazy trying to figure out what was "meant to be." Believe me, if Lee and I fell for that logic we'd just say we obviously weren't meant to be parents and hey, we disagree. Although we'll probably suck at it...
I'm so happy you can move without any additional stress and anxiety!