Monday, June 22, 2009

I really know how to party.

Last Friday my niece was in town and she agreed to babysit for us for the evening. We headed out to the new fancy hotel in town (the only hotel in town) and had a drink with a fabulous view of the Hudson River and the Empire State Building. It was awesome (except three drinks cost 50$). After our drink we went to one of our favorite little restaurants and I had a great meal of eggplant parmigiana and a glass of wine. We indulged and shared a piece of chocolate cake and it was one of the most delicious, relaxing meals I have had in a VERY long time.

My niece was staying with us so we had planned to go out after dinner for a few drinks, and because our babysitter was sleeping over there was really no set time for us to be home. We took a walk around the park and headed to our favorite bar but when we got there I just didn't feel like going in, instead we went and bought my niece a cupcake and then got ourselves a cup of coffee and went home and drank it on our front stoop before going inside. We were on the couch by 10 PM.

Today Teddy and I had the day off so after dropping Eli off at daycare we went to Target where we stocked up on bathroom supplies and dog food, then we headed over to Ikea. I bought some cookie cutters in the shapes of animals and a rug for Eli's room. We got home at 2 PM and CLEANED. Man we are the most boring people alive, but really I had a great time.

One of the things I worry about is being hung over, or too tired and having to take care of Eli. I have a hard time going out and drinking too much, or staying out too late because all I can think about is I'm still going to have to get up at 7 AM and take care of a toddler. I can't even imagine a day when Eli could get up and make himself a bowl of cereal and I could stay in bed. I am starting to understand why people have their kids so close together because right when I could possibly start having my own life back is when we would start considering having another.

4 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I love having my life back. I still hate being hungover and/or tired.

We have freshman orientation Sunday at 1pm, which is the day after the big poker run/camp out and I am ALREADY stressed about being tired.

I am glad my kiddo was able to give you a relaxing night out. Soon you can have those evenings pretty much whenever you want!

DAVs said...

That's so exciting what HP said above--about having that close of a babysitter so soon!

We are pretty basic on the going out too. A day swimming at the lake, making yummy food and eating it watching a movie, dozing on the couch in between reading a good book--all good days/partying in our lives. Of course, don't forget the Leebot shows. That's some serious partying right there.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Waking up hungover and having to take care of a little one would sober anyone up fast. You just can't do it! We live the lame-o lifestyle too for that same reason. There is something nice and comfortable about it though. I think your night out sounded perfect. And no crazy $$$ to pay the sitter- the best!

creative kerfuffle said...

i agree. even though my kids can get up and make their own cereal, the lure of a hangover just doesn't do much for me any more. your date sounded exactly like what the hubs and i would do, you know, except here in nc, not in nyc : ) i think the last two date nights we had involved dinner and then shopping for plants/flowers at home depot : ) but you know what? i like where we are in life.