Thursday, June 4, 2009

15 years...are you fucking kidding me?

I got an email today that my 15 year high school reunion is this October. Oh...oh my. I really can't believe it.

I must continue on my way to being skinny and hot (well for me anyway), but does anyone have any suggestions on how exactly I'm going to get rich and successful in four months? What if I have to tell people I moved from NYC back to Alabama and I don't even have a job yet? Awesome. You know what, I'll just show them a picture of the most.awesome.kid.ever. and then punch them in the face and run away, that should do it.


*******

In regards to jogging... Ashley and HP, I know you guys are right and I need to do intervals BUT damn that is not what I wanted to hear, I wanted you to say that I should probably eat a bunch of candy and try and sugar shock my system into losing more weight...or something more along those lines. I am getting increasingly bitter that I still have to do MORE to keep losing weight, I am hungry and tired goddammit why isn't that enough?

I really need to say that I just don't understand those of you who don't like candy...like you wouldn't eat a package of Skittles OR you just prefer chocolate...if you just prefer chocolate, that is fine, if you can't be bothered to eat candy, well I don't know if we can be friends.

4 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

15 yrs? are you going to the reunion? i think that would be cool. i graduated high school in 86--shit that's a LONG time ago. the thing is, when you go to dept. of defense schools (cos your dad is in the army) you don't really have 10, 15, 20 yr reunions. our school has "reunions" once a year and everyone that ever attended the school can come and it's in a different city each time. this fall there's one on the east coast and i'm thinking the hubs and i might go. (we went to the same HS).
candy--i do not understand people who don't like candy and i REALLY do not understand people who do not like chocolate. chocolate (especially w/ peanutbutter) is my top choice but i also like: skittles; runts; mike&ikes; hot tamales; lick-em-ade; caramel cremes; NOT reese's pieces but peanutbutter m&ms; gummi bears and gummi worms (but not swedish fish) and jelly beans (but only the gourmet).

DAVs said...

Tracy, it just occurred to me that maybe you're not eating ENOUGH to keep losing weight? I mean, you're exercising like crazy and are hungry all the time...not a good combination. Makes me wonder if you need to increase the intake...but probably not with Skittles or chocolate, but I know some of my patients add in a bunch of healthy fat (nuts, avacado, etc) and swear they still lose weight.

As far as your reunion: YOU LOOK GREAT. You are successful--you're living my dream life in NYC (and yes, you should judge your own success by what MY fantasies are :) ) And you do, in fact, have the most awesome kid ever.

And don't worry, we can be friends on the candy thing. If there is candy around I'll likely be eating it, but if I have a choice I'll eat chocolate first. And then probably still eat the other candy. Yikes.

Hotch Potchery said...

Well, you know where I stand on candy. I love candy. NOT the regular Skittles though, I likely wouldn't eat a bag of those, or plain M&M's.

I would eat most any other...especially gummy stuff. YUM.

I also really like cookies, cake, but not really pie. I also like pizza, nachos, chicken fingers, queso, chips, okay. I have to go now.

Not Your Aunt B said...

I'm in a workout rut, so I've got nothing.
I like candy, but chocolate is preferred.
And YIKES, it should be my 15 year reunion too this year. Luckily, I went to school with a bunch of slackers so we may just skip it. Plus we're all on FB now so what's the point? Once they see Eli, they'll totally agree he rocks. If only he was 30 years older...