Friday, March 6, 2009

Counterproductive.

I just forced myself to jog a mile so I could get McDonald's for dinner tonight. I haven't jogged (I'm not sure you can call what I do jogging, it is more of a bouncy, messy, walk) in YEARS and I decided that today I was going to start again. I forced myself to run a mile and I didn't stop once. I know a mile is not much to some, but for me I was pretty proud! I didn't hate it as much as I thought and I think it is a good alternative to the 30 Day Shred. Speaking of which I am still flopping my way through the third level. It is really hard.

In more counterproductive moves I bought Eli two new pacifiers in our attempt to get him to give them up. We are trying to convince him that he should give all his pacifiers to the Easter Bunny for the baby bunnies. If he will give them up for the baby bunnies we told him the Easter Bunny would leave him presents as a thank you. So far he has asked for: balls, a little TV, a tiny guitar, and toys. I'm not super sure if this is going to work, but we'll try it. I had to buy new ones because he only had one that he had chewed through. I feel sort of sad about saying good bye to the pacifier, it is like the last of his babyhood...(oh if you don't count the fact that he still sleeps in a crib, and craps in his pants)

ETA: I got a DIET coke and used ORGANIC ketchup, totally negated like half of the calories.

5 comments:

DAVs said...

I like your math. I totally agree that organic ketchup and diet soda AND running a mile meant that really, you were in negative calorie land after your meal. So enjoy!

Seriously, that mile without stopping is a big accomplishment.

And I like the pacifier idea--didn't Bea do something like that with A's pacifiers? It seems I remember that, and it worked.

creative kerfuffle said...

hooray for you for jogging! wow. the girl hung on to her pacys for.ever. on her third birthday we told her she'd get a bike if she threw all of her pacy's away. we made a big production of it (it's on video!) and she did it and she got a big girl bike; w/ training wheels of course.

Hotch Potchery said...

Wow, it took me 2 months of working out before I could jog a mile all at once...that is really great. How was your McDs?

I hope the baby bunny trick works! I thought you were going to wait until 3...did something come up to make you change your mind?

Not Your Aunt B said...

Congrats on the run! WOOT! WOOT! I tell you, nothing changes my fat like running. I don't lose weight, but I look better when I run (though I don't really look better as I look like a fish gasping for air).

That's kind of what we did with Miss A and her paci addiction. When she would miss her paci we would remind her that she bought her trike with them. She did really well. And of course, her sister sucks her fingers, so how am I going to get around that?

Penny said...

HP: I had been doing the 30 DS for probably two months 4-5 times a week, so I'm sure that helped.

No nothing with the Be be really changed it was just a spur of the moment lie I made up and Eli seemed to like it.