Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Copy iCat

I totally copied my sister and Bea and if you look over there----> and down I added my own Nike + girl. I have to admit, I love it. A couple of weeks ago I bought a pedometer and it was clunky and awkward to look at while I was running. This is great and I love how the sexy lady comes on and tells me how long I have left, that in itself was worth the 30$.

I just got it today and wanted to go ahead and see what it was all about, so I used it with out calibrating it. I really do not think I ran 3 miles, but I figure they are set to much taller people. The next time I go out I'll calibrate it to get a better idea of how far I really went.

I have a question though, do I have to set up play lists in order to not have to listen to shuffle? Also those of you who jog (or used to jog) how long did it take before you weren't sore afterwards?

7 comments:

DAVs said...

I don't have one of those cool little gadgets but they look fun!
I was a runner/jogger for so long I don't remember what it was like when I first started, but I even still got sore occasionally when I'd go for a longer or more challenging run.

Good for you for running!!

Hotch Potchery said...

I like your girl! WOW if that is right, that means you can run a 5K in 30 minutes. That is really good.

Right now if I go 3 miles, I am not sore, and I started 10 weeks ago with the Couch to 5K. Today I did almost 7 miles (walking/jogging) and I am super duper sore right now. I LOVE LOVE the Nike +. Did you get the shoes, or a bag thing?

Hotch Potchery said...

Yes, set up playlists!

creative kerfuffle said...

hooray for you! that's so cute :)

Unknown said...

HP: I got the little pouch for my shoelaces. I have pretty decent shoes now and didn't want to spend 100$ on new ones (yet).

Hotch Potchery said...

I had the sew up my pouch because I was afraid the transmitter would fall out since I wore my sneakers for other walking around.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Love your mini! She is sassy!

I don't get sore anymore when we run 3 miles or less- it took about a month running 3 miles regularly to get to the point where it is fairly easy (running 3 times a week). I only get sore now when we do 5 miles or more, but I really think it is the distance as we are not running fast.

I don't know how to set up a playlist. I have to shuffle through all the music (including kids songs and Christmas music) which is annoying.

I just learned that after you've sped up a bit on your overall pace you have to recalibrate it.