Monday, November 2, 2009

NaBloPoMo No.

I had really wanted to participate in NaBloPoMo this month, but honestly I feel like I just can't deal with stress of writing every.day. right now. It is sad, I know. In other not interesting news we got our first neighborly party invite in which I was 1. charmed and then 2. creeped out.

The invite was in our mailbox delivered with a bag of candy with one of those Tootsie roll ghost pop things, that I always love so I was immediately happy because you know, candy! (I want you to know I just went and dug through my trash to fish out the invite because I inadvertently threw it out this morning. It is now covered with cantaloupe juice). I read the invite and realized it was more of a courtesy invite since it was in our next door neighbor's back yard and they really just wanted us to know they were having a party so we could call if their music was too loud, which really was very thoughtful.

I continued to read and it said "there will be no alcohol served at the party. just good 'ol fashioned halloween fun." Ummm OK, I know it is probably lame to admit this, but I don't think a party is much of a party without a beer or a glass of wine or something AND what exactly is "good 'ol fashioned halloween fun?" ....BUT THEN it was signed "In the Matchless Name of Christ" hmmm what?

We did not attend. I will send a thank you for the candy note, and I asked Teddy if I could use "In the Matchless Name of Christ" as an expletive from now on...like Eli go to sleep IN THE MATCHLESS NAME OF CHRIST!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA. you know i love this dont you?! i really dont get the mixing of christ and halloween but whatever.

it sounds like a really lame party all the same.

DAVs said...

I don't even get the phrase "In the matchless name..." but okey dokey.
We miss your more frequent blog posts!

Hotch Potchery said...

So apparently these are NOT the pot dealing neighbors, or is it?

No drinking, but we will smoke some good doobage!

kilax said...

Hmm, your neighbors sound... fun. Judging from the invite, they didn't get that loud anyway?

creative kerfuffle said...

in the matchless name of christ? wtf does that even mean? did they blast gospel halloween music all night? i'd much rather go to the pot head party. i haven't been blogging much lately either, so, i totally understand.

Shelley said...

Ew to the neighbors. I do, however, love using "in the matchless..." for an expletive (I'm going to hell, aren't I?).