Wednesday, November 4, 2009

rough morning

This morning we took Eli to the doctor for a regular checkup. He checked out just great and then he got the injustice of the H1N1 vaccine up his nose and a jab in the thigh for his regular flu shot. He seemed pretty shocked and he did the open mouth with no sound crying for a couple of seconds before he really starting balling.

We took him to school where he immediately walked in the door and then hit his head on the console thing, giving himself a huge knot. He cried about that for awhile while we applied ice and waited to see if he was OK. We took him to his classroom where he completely lost his shit because he wanted to go outside and not in his classroom. It took a few minutes to calm him down and when we finally explained it wasn't outside time we got him to go back to his classroom where he knocked his head into the doorknob and started crying again....

Man three is hard. I mean really.really.HARD. I don't know how stay at home moms do it because after this morning I was ready to toss him in the classroom and run away screaming. Everything with him is fight...he doesn't want to go to the bathroom, put his clothes on, brush his teeth, take a bath, or eat his dinner. He wants to know WHY about everything, and I can't count the number of times I've said "because I said so!"

I'm home alone now, and I have time to do laundry and clean but instead I'm sitting here worried that he doesn't have a reaction to his flu shot and I'm wondering if I should go get him...has anyone else's kids had any problems with the H1N1 mist?

7 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

Poor thing, I look forward to his retelling of events this afternoon!

If he reacts, they will call you~

Shelley said...

Poor Eli - it's sad when a three year old has such a bad day!

Anonymous said...

poor thing. him and you. :)

my 4 year old is in pre k from about 8:30 until about noon everyday. i value those few peaceful hours more than life itself.

Anonymous said...

We've had the regular flu mist (no adverse reactions) but haven't been able to get the H1N1 yet.

Also, as a parent of a 3 yr old, you have my empathy because nearly every single exchange with my kid is a battle these days. Important things, stupid things, it doesn't matter. It's gotten so I am seriously considering going the reverse psychology route because I am convinced she just wants to do the opposite of whatever it is I am asking of her. ARGH!

Not Your Aunt B said...

Oh, poor Eli. Poor you. I hope he feels better and that he has no reaction. We're not doing the H1N1, so I have no help on that.

DAVs said...

Poor baby and Mommy! I hope tomorrow is a better day for all of you!

creative kerfuffle said...

we aren't doing the hamthrax shot, but your tales of three year olds and him fighting EVERYTHING and asking why? uh, i hate to tell you but damn, i'm going through that now. i don't know if it's age (12) or sex (girl) but i swear to god i could say the grass is green and the girl would argue w/ me. whatever comes out of my mouth or is produced by me in any form or fashion she dislikes and/or bitches about.
i hope eli has a better day tomorrow. i too could not handle being at home all the time w/ the kids. remember my summer? lol