Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving recap




It was good. It really was. I think all the fretting I did about it definitely helped, because it turned out to be a great day, even with my dad, his girlfriend, and my mom.

I loved how my table turned out and I think all the decorations cost less than 20$. There was enough food to feed a small country and we even got in a game of football and Pictionary Man.

Tomorrow is December 1 which starts my second annual Advent Calender put together by Teddy. I'll post photo recaps of the prizes again, but last year Teddy was working in the East Village in Manhattan, this year we live in South Alabama. I don't know if will be able to compare.

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Your table is gorgeous! LOVE the silver and white combo - you could give Martha Stewart a run for her money!

Glad everything went so well on T-day! Although I'm sorry to not hear any crazy stories about your mom!

DAVs said...

Oh no, no Pylones. I guess he could go online, but my guess is he'll find something clever. I completely forgot about that--how has a whole year already passed?

Great table! Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hotch Potchery said...

I am not completely convinced that the worrying you did made it so the day was fine...

AND, what is the deal with your Nike + girl?

AND, I am not liking the chances of me getting an advent calendar. sad. I did get gorgeous Poinsettias though.

Not Your Aunt B said...

That table is magazine worthy! You should submit it with tips on how you did it all under $20!

So glad Thanksgiving went well. It sounded great!

I am super excited about getting the Advent calendars out tonight. Of course, they're just getting candy as that is a HUGE treat to them.

kilax said...

I love your table settings. My table settings could use some help! :)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with everyone else, your table is stunning. Will you come do mine next time I host Xmas dinner (which will be NEVER!)?

creative kerfuffle said...

the table looks very grown up and elegant : ) it does sound like you all had a good tday, despite the gfriend being there.