Friday, October 30, 2009

Winners!

I haven't been writing much lately because I've been so stressed I think my posts would just end up sounding like this BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh. That is the sound of me having no words for the stress.

I am still job hunting, and the pickins are slim and my pets have chosen these last couple of weeks to have several hundreds of dollars worth of crisis, from flea infestations, to rashes, to UTIs to my dog having heart worms, to not having heart worms to maybe having heart worms again....It has been stressful to say the least.

BUT, but last night was the Halloween party in our town and my whole family dressed up and we won the costume contest for best group costume. If I haven't told you already I am a VERY competitive person and winning a costume contest that was made for CHILDREN made my day. I could have slam dunked a baby and went around to preschoolers yelling "in your face" I was so happy.

It was awesome that we had six adults in costume for one kid. We had Mr. and Mrs. Salt and Pepper, their baby Paprika, Mailbox, Steve, Magenta, and of course Blue! It was great and I highly recommend a good costume smack down to lift your spirits!

7 comments:

Shelley said...

You all look so cute - congrats on the big win!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! you guys look awesome.

i would pay BIG money to see you slam dunk a baby.

hope the stressful stuff subsides.

DAVs said...

Awesome costumes!
If you look in the background of your picture you see someone in a douchey lame "surgical scrubs" costume. I mean, come on? That takes a lot of thought.

Congrats on the win! I want to see you saying 'in your face' to a bunch of toddlers! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Not Your Aunt B said...

Awesome! I totally would be that way too!

BOO-YAH BABY! (swoosh...nothing but net!)

I want to see photos of the entire crew. How cool!

kilax said...

What a great idea! I have not seen that show, but you look so cute in your costumes.

When my life feels shitty (not saying yours is!) I don't feel like writing either. It's weird, I can go back through my blog and see all the gaps where I felt down!

Anonymous said...

Awesome costumes!!

creative kerfuffle said...

dang, i thought i commented on this but obviously not. i love, love love the costumes and that you all won. i think what i love most is how your whole family got in on it. that is wicked awesome.