Thursday, November 19, 2009

UGGly

I have been thinking of a post about being grateful and taking pleasure in the little things, but that has been postponed due to a burning question I have. Today Teddy and I walked around our town for hours. It was so pleasant but I kept getting little bursts of irritation due to the fashion trends on campus.


Do girls in your area wear running shorts with UGGs? I think this is about the worst fashion statement since Hammer pants. It is baffling to me, why would you wear snow boots with short shorts? Is this just a Southern thing? What about 80's sunglasses? They were ugly in the 80's, they are not any better now!

Please help me, I have vowed to punch the next UGG/Nike shorts wearing girl in the face...this is not the spirit of the Holidays!

5 comments:

DAVs said...

80's sunglasses? Leebot has got everything riding on the coolness 80s sunglasses and has about a zillion pairs. Hmmmmm. However, he is not wearing UGGs with short shorts. Here's my guess: girls think it's some sort of hot snow-bunny look. Sadly, it's not. And no, I haven't seen it around here.

Leebot wants to know why Teddy doesn't read his emails?

kilax said...

I did see this all the time when I was in college 2-3 years ago. One of my best friends wore short shorts with UGGs! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

i live in a college town too and see it a lot. i really try not to look at how people are dressed out by the University. i get pissed.

creative kerfuffle said...

people in nc do it too. that and they wear pajama bottoms out in public. oy vey. i really can't talk because since being laid off my outfits vary from holy jeans, sweatshirts and (yes) crocs, to jeans, tshirts and clogs.

creative kerfuffle said...

and, i read the post below, stop drop and roll days ago but couldn't comment on it. not that you don't know this already--but that boy is the cutest thing EVER. seriously. LOVE that video : )