Thursday, October 1, 2009

firsts


  • I signed up for my first race. I am very excited. It is a 10K on November 7th. I was never really interested in running a race, but now since I don't have a job it is nice to have a goal.
  • I am leaving Eli for the night for the first.time.ever. to go to my high school reunion this weekend. I have gone into his room every night for the last three years and checked on him, and made sure his covers were pulled up, and it will be weird to spend the night without him. It will be pretty nice for the first time in three years to NOT get up at 7 AM if I don't feel like it. It isn't that I don't think he'll be JUST FINE, better than fine actually, it is more that *I* won't be the one there doing the stuff, making his dinner, getting him ready for bed etc. He'll be with his aunt and uncle and they will have fun together and I doubt he'll even really miss us, but I'll miss him. (must remember to put out his insurance card and list of pre approved organic, sugar free snacks)
  • I need to get measured for a bra. I never have been properly measured but after some trials and tribulations I settled into a 36 C for a very long time. Now, after having lost almost 60 lbs (whooo hooo) my boobs have gotten smaller and I'm guessing my...uhh...circumference(?) is smaller too. I have tried to get smaller sizes but I keep getting it wrong, but I'm still too embarrassed to get sized. I keep imagining some tiny teenage girl measuring me at Victoria's Secret and then texting to her BFF what a loser I am after I leave....any suggestions?

3 comments:

DAVs said...

I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been properly measured for a bra either, even after all the Oprah hoopla about doing so. I just sorta keep waffling between a 36C and 34D and hoping for the best.
By the way, I laughed out loud at your last sentence about the texting...oh man it sux to get old(ER).

PS I'm sure Eli will do just fine. Especially with the list of preapproved snacks.

Anonymous said...

ive never been measured for a bra either. which is probably why most of my bras either pinch or sag. what is wrong with us as women that we insist on denying ourselves properly fitting undergarments?!?

have fun at the reunion. im sure eli will be fine. hotch seems pretty responsible. :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

All about getting measured. Totally worth it. Here there is a special underwear only store (that sells all the fancy brands) that will measure you. I get measured and then don't buy anything there and get the right size (or closer to the right size) somewhere else.

I have a post on this I haven't published as I wonder if it is TMI...