Friday, October 16, 2009

Three

The third year from Penny InExile on Vimeo.



My baby is three, granted he turned three in August, but it is just now hitting me. He is thisclose to being totally potty trained, he is smart, and funny, and manipulative, and wild. He has a sense of humor but HATES my knock knock jokes. He is stubborn and willful and very strongly dislikes tomato sauce. He is getting some bath toys after school today for not pooping in his pants all week (please don't let me jinx it, I'll be sadder than him if he doesn't get his prize) he says he is going to play baseball with the bigger boys when he gets older. He wants a bicycle for Christmas and he doesn't want us to hold him or carry him because he is too big. I'm thrilled he is turning into such a fun, wild little person, but I'm also a little heartbroken he isn't my baby.

The song is from Caspar Babypants (obvs it is originally a Beatles song).

5 comments:

DAVs said...

Sniffle sniffle.
So adorable!
It seems like just yesterday Lee and I were in stitches over the 'watermelon' pronunciation...
Time just keeps on moving doesn't it?

Not Your Aunt B said...

Love it. He is a cutie. And yes, they grow up way too fast. I wish there was a way to bottle it up so when I want to be reminded of my baby, I could just have me a dose of it. Lovely video.

Anonymous said...

this is adorable. and what a sweet tribute to your little one. i love the outfit he was wearing with the run dmc shirt. hes a sharp dresser.

creative kerfuffle said...

pen--that is simply precious. i love it. i can't believe the changes in him just since i've been reading you. cherish.every.moment. i know people tell you that but do it. in the blink of an eye they are almost 10 and dammit you have no idea where that silly little love bug baby went. sniff sniff.

Shelley said...

So cute - I love that you did this!