Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reunified

(this really isn't a great picture but atleast you can see the dress on, but you can't see my shoes, which were really the best part)

We went to my reunion over the weekend, and it was fun, but not FUN. A very good friend of mine from high school flew out from the mid west to attend and I was really excited to get to see her. When we got to the reunion she was already a little tipsy and an hour later she had to be carried out. I was embarrassed for her, and it was sad because it didn't seem like this was the first time that sort of thing had happened. It kinda put a damper on the whole evening.

It was really weird when we got up the next morning to just go get breakfast and not not have to try and entertain a 3 year old while eating. It was also very weird to lay in bed till 8:30 and have no real pressing reason to get up.

I really loved my dress and we have to go to a party at one of Teddy's professors this Friday so I think I'll wear it to that as well. This Saturday is also OUR birthdays (Teddy and I have the same birthday, but we are 10 years apart). We don't have any plans, except my plan of convincing someone to buy me a cake from Cold Stone and then eating it.

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Look at you, all collarbones and everything!!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves, but yeah, *awkward* about the drunk friend.

Mmmmm, Coldstone cakes are the best!

Anonymous said...

that is really awkward about your friend. and sad.

im glad you were able to have fun though, even if it was just lowercase fun.

Anonymous said...

oh and you both look great!

DAVs said...

You guys look so cute! I know those stripper shoes rocked.

That is really quite pitiful about your friend. I can't even imagine. I'm too much of a control freak to drink...

Here's a pre-happy-birthday wish!

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Creative Kerfuffle's, and happened on your blog. Thanks for the inspiration! I have been doing WW for over two years, and have been in a rut. I'm getting married in six weeks and I needed a boost. Congrats on your success and keep up the good work!

Sweet T

Not Your Aunt B said...

Must.have.your.necklace. NOW. Too cute!

creative kerfuffle said...

you guys look great! really.