Wednesday, October 14, 2009

that's what she said

My favorite job listing today was this one:

Meat Cutter Last Updated: 10/14/2009 City: XXXXX, AL Basic Job Information: $9.40 - $10.00, Full-time Required Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required Experience: 0 Years 6 Months
Applicant will need minimum of 3-6 months experience. Need to know a variety of cuts of meat. This job deals mainly with Beef products

I'm not even qualified....at least for my other choice they would train me.


I have been in a horrible mood since Sunday. I had a crap day on Monday that involved my dad standing me up for breakfast, my Internet and phone being out most of the day, and Teddy getting a speeding ticket (which if you knew Teddy you would know this is a pretty big deal, I think it was his first). It has rained probably 60% of the time I have lived here, and my mood is really affected by the weather.

BAH, I have nothing positive to add and I am super grumpy. Anyone have a bill collector or an insurance agent they want me to call for them?

4 comments:

DAVs said...

But....but...but...wasn't it your birthday recently?? Argh, I hope you at least had a nice celebration. It stinks when other crap clouds our birthdays--for instance, most recently we had to go washer/dryer shopping on my birthday and we got into an argument. Wooo hoo! At any rate, I'm sorry about the job situation. I know it's tough to be patient, but you can do it. You deserve a nice little break from the 9-5 life anyways--just think of it as a nice long vacation.

Lee never gets speeding tickets either. They're weirdly alike.

creative kerfuffle said...

the job listings KILL me. seriously. i don't know how to operate a mold dye machine, i'm not a nurse, i don't want to sell anything and i want to make more than minimum wage. sheesh. i feel your pain.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Big hugs. Things suck right now. I hope it gets better soon. Or that they invent calorie free beer.

Shelley said...

Starbucks Barista - I swear, that's the job I'm aiming for! It does suck, job hunting...there is NOTHING out there. And the rainy weather doesn't help - we've been like that for a couple of weeks and I for one am sick of it. Luckily I'll be leaving for Oregon tomorrow...to more rain, argh! Hang in there, Penny. Things will turn around soon.