Wednesday, October 7, 2009

holding

My goal from now until January is to just NOT gain weight. These next couple of months are really hard for me food wise because I love the holidays (I'm totally counting Halloween as "the holidays" too) and I love all the food that comes with it. I love candy and pumpkin anything (minus those pumpkin shaped candy corn things-yuck!).

I have already made these pumpkin muffins, and these pumpkin brownies (I'm not sure why they are called brownies, it was more like cake to me) (I also made the brownies without the frosting and it was still really good). Teddy has a party we have to go to on Friday and I'm making the pumpkin brownies again, WITH the frosting and I'm definitely having some.

My dad is coming to visit this weekend and I'm sure we will go out to eat a couple of times, I will still make BETTER choices but eating out is always difficult. It is my birthday over the weekend and I want CAKE, real cake...not whole wheat healthy cake, but cake with fat and sugar and YUM.

I will keep up my running schedule and my Weight Watchers journaling even if I go over my allotted points. I have a race I want to actually do well in a month from now and I think after that I will have to decide on another "health" goal to keep myself going. I'm hoping that portion control, exercise, and journaling will keep me from putting on any pounds in the next couple of months.

How do you keep from gaining weight over the holidays?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the pumpkin shaped candy corn. LOVE IT!! i have one (!) left and my daughter keeps asking/begging for it and i keep having to tell her "no. that is mommy's. walk away!"

during this time of year i try to just eat the things i love and avoid eating the stuff that doesnt excite me. i know that sounds obvious but there are times i eat stuff just because it's there, ya know? like stuffing, i dont really love it and its not exactly health food, so i shouldnt eat it just because everyone else is.

Hotch Potchery said...

First, I have to say, I LOVE stuffing.

Second, I am sort of with you on my goals/plans for the next two months...you know I dig the football and beer and wings and candy and turkey and STUFFING and it all. So, I am trying to do BETTER than ever before, but not feel badly if I start 2010 where I am now. I would like to drop a few more pounds so that I hit 52 pounds for the year because I know that Jan-March are slow for us and we like to go to the gym, etc. during that time. Wow, this is a big comment.

I refuse to not run because it took too damn long to get to this point!

Shelley said...

Hey, maintaining is great over the holidays! I think being able to eat what is important to you while not eating the rest (and discerning which is which) is excellent practice for living a healthy lifestyle. I have no doubt you'll do fine with this.

Oh, and pumpkin brownies??? YUM!

DAVs said...

You know maintaining is sometimes easier than you think.
When I gave up the sugar, I dropped about 8 pounds like that. When I restarted the sugar I was sure it would all come back. Some did--about three pounds. But miraculously the rest didn't, even though my old eating habits resumed. It was like I 'reset' at a lower weight. I think as long as you keep exercising and paying a little bit of attention you'll be just fine! I also always hear that there is a 'alarm weight'--like you tell yourself that if you gain X amount of pounds that is when you'll get back to what it takes to lose again, rather than just slipping on down the slippery slope.

You have done so much--you look great and you're a regular athlete now!!

I need to check out your recipes. YUM!!!

Not Your Aunt B said...

I am at my alarm weight and feel like a total loser, so don't have any advice.

creative kerfuffle said...

i like candy corn but not those pumpkin shaped ones. gross. i also love everything pumpkin, roasted pumpkin seeds and all. i love candy too. i think you have a good game plan though--eat but still be healthy.
oh, and hotch---i love HOMEMADE stuffing (not the box stuff). do you like bread or cornbread stuffing?