Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy fourth of UTI!

I woke up at 3 AM on the 4th with the unmistakable signs of another UTI. Interestingly, it was exactly the one year anniversary of my last UTI, which is odd. My body somehow rejects America's birthday. I dunno. Luckily I had a course of Cipro ( I know, I know, I really shouldn't be diagnosing myself and taking old antibiotics) in the cabinet and after 24 hours I am already feeling 95% better.

To celebrate fourth of July I did my traditional making of the red, white, and blue food. I have had some really good creations...this year wasn't one of them.
These are the patriotic pancakes we had for breakfast.

This is my annual red, "white," and blue Jello. This year I could not find the white grape flavor, which is clear, and had to use pineapple which was way too yellow. Big disappointment. Two years ago I used white chocolate pudding. It looked pretty, but tasted awful.

And speaking of pee (weren't we?) we took the opportunity of a long weekend and started the potty training process. In some ways it is going much better than I thought, and in other ways it seems like it might never end. I'm already sick of saying "do you need to pee" and I feel like a total idiot asking him every seven seconds. He seems to get the idea, but he only likes to use his special small potty, and we are all confused about what we are supposed to do if he needs to go while we are out. We are using the bribery method and every time he uses the potty, he gets candy. I don't really like to do anything with out a theme, so potty training theme is "frogs."




I hope you had a great 4th, without so much talk of peeing.


5 comments:

DAVs said...

No talk of peeing here.
Sorry about your UTI. You know, I've never had one. I guess I'm lucky that way.
I didn't make any red white and blue food, but usually I make a big fruit pizza. But seeing as how I gave up sugar over a month ago, well, the fruit pizza's 'crust' is a sugar cookie so I couldn't really even make it.
Glad you're feeling better!

MizFit said...

lottsa pee talk here but the toddler kind.

love the jello.

I need to make that as she'd (the pee'er :)) love that I think---even with the 4th OVER.

hope youre feeling better!

Hotch Potchery said...

Sorry about your UTI. I would have rather had one than realize that our Dad's new girlfriend graduated 3 years before me. Her whole drama is bizarre.

Now that he us at daycare, will they continue?

creative kerfuffle said...

i LOVE that you have themed the potty training! THAT is frickin' priceless.
sorry about the uti though--those suck and are painful.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Yuck. UTIs. They suck.

Yay on the potty training! I love themes too. And they do only like the little potty for a bit, but we would bribe with "extra special" treats for using the public potty. Now she goes like a pro.

I am craving those pancakes. Delish!