Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Love and tiny birds

Calender from the place Teddy and I got engaged. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Plastic birds you stick on the wall that I insist on calling "installation art."
Birds stuck on the wall that I absolutely LOVE.


Tiny bird Post-Its. I have a definite thing for birds, I will have to do a photo essay of all the bird stuff in my house soon.


Sometimes I get absolutely stuck on something and I have such tunnel vision on that one.thing. I have a hard time seeing anything else. Lately that thing has been work. I have been feeling depressed and rejected about my job hunt, and it has been hard for me to focus on anything else. I think that having somewhere to go everyday, even though it isn't ideal, and even though I'm still looking for work, has opened up my eyes a little to see all the good things.

One of my gifts was a calender from the place Teddy and I got engaged almost 10 years ago. He is definitely a winner. The next day he got me these tacky plastic birds that I have wanted for MONTHS and then today he spent his day hanging them on the wall so they would be just right when I got home. I am very lucky.

I also want to say thank you to you guys that commented on my job post and you were really very nice and not one person said "HEY Shut your face you got a job and that is what you have been whining about all this damn time!" even though you might have wanted to. So. Thanks, you're nice.

8 comments:

Shelley said...

What a cool gift - the "installation art" looks really nice! All of the bird-themed presents are so sweet and you are right, you've got yourself a winner in Teddy!

Not Your Aunt B said...

Love the birds! Love the calendar. How sweet! I love mushy stuff like that.

kilax said...

What awesome gifts! Those birds stickers are super neat.

It's okay to not like your work so much and be frustrated. My husband is unemployed and searching for something he will like... it's such a long process. It wears you down! We all understand you are grateful, just not in your ideal situation :)

DAVs said...

You know I told Lee that of all the hubs I 'know' (I put that in quotes b/c I don't really know WT) yours is the top dog. He's so sentimental!

And you know what? I have those birds! We bought them months ago and have not put them up--how pathetic. You've inspired me to do it--we're putting them in our bedroom, but I'm a little nervous I'll start having "The Birds" nightmares.

Hotch Potchery said...

Okay, DAVs said it, but those birds kind of scare me. I watched that movie at a slumber party and DUDE. SCARED of birds.

I think the calendar is completely romantic and very sweet.

Thanks for coming to my party tonight, I had a really good time.

creative kerfuffle said...

first---the mushy calendar? BEST GIFT EVER. seriously.
the birds--definatly installation art. anything from umbra would have to be. i wish they had penguins for the wall.
i'm glad you're feeling better about the job a little. i am jealous : ) but in a good way, not in an i hate you way ; )

Tricia said...

Such a sweet hubby!

Anonymous said...

i love the installation art.