Friday, December 4, 2009

outfit completed






(can you find the shirt in the tree?)

Now I have a whole outfit to wear tomorrow, awesome! Let's see...how are things here today? I got a text message from a friend of mine at my old job telling me they found out today they are all getting 10% pay cuts. It just seems like it is BAD news all the time, I need a good story about an old man and his kitten friend OR you know what my favorites stories are...the mismatched animal buddies, oh I love those...like that gorilla and that tiny orange cat. Those are my favorite. Teddy brought home a book once about a baby hippopotamus and a giant turtle that become friends, if that doesn't make you happy then you are just dead inside (I found the book here, it is called Owen and Mzee).

I'm trying to think of happy things so I was trying to come up with my favorite Christmas present and the thing I first thought of was this awesome Pioneer stereo my dad bought me and then I chastised myself for thinking only of material things and I decided to think of my favorite Holiday memory and I think it is from the year Teddy and I started dating and that year we played the most awesome game of football in the rain on Thanksgiving and then at Christmas we had this GIANT bucket of beads and we sat around for HOURS making key chains and tacky ornaments. It was awesome.



5 comments:

Shelley said...

Hooray, I found the shirt in the tree (pumps fist in air)!

Cute outfit! Hmmm...wonder if socks are next?

Your story about making key chains and ornaments reminds me of one of our early Christmases, when we painted a set of wood ornaments. Mine were pretty awful, but my husband's were good...we still have his, haha!

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE Owen & Mzee!!! I found them totally by accident when my kid was a baby and way too little to care, but I got the books about them from the library and read them myself. It was awesome. For awhile on their website you could watch a live feed of where they lived - it was totally boring but also totally awesome.

Anonymous said...

i think the giant bucket of beads thing sounds really nice.

DAVs said...

Yay for new workout clothes!

And I love your Christmas memory. I'm going to now force the mister to sit around and come up with our favorite Christmas memories. I should blog about that, instead of being so maudlin!

creative kerfuffle said...

yeah for a complete, hot pink outfit : ) sweet!
the hubs and i made ornaments in the early years--and we too still have them. actually, the kids and i now make at least a couple of ornaments each year.
happy story? hmmm....uh, my 12 yr old told me the pink sweater i was wearing today was all wrong for me. apparently pink, at least that shade, is NOT my color, and a regular neck (instead of scoop or rounded etc) is not a good look on me. hmph. who knew.