Thursday, September 17, 2009

help me and maybe I'll stop telling you what I do every day.

I know you are just DYING to know what I did today...well, OK I'll tell you. First I painted my bathroom. It is very hard to make a pink bathroom with a blue toilet look good, but I think it at least looks better.



The picture above is from when the previous tenants were still living in the house.
Then I did my daily Internet search for jobs. I didn't really find much of anything, but I did mention the following opening to Teddy and he said he didn't think he would let me take that job. Now I sort of want to apply.

Working with patients who require foot care, trimming nails and corns and callouses, some paper work is required. Some experience preferred but will train. Will work Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.




At my old job my office was located in the back, and in order to get there I had to walk through the Would Care Center. Most of the patients were diabetes patients with bad feet. When I say bad feet I mean BAD. One time I was walking by and the nurse was cleaning a wound and she had the door opened and this poor man's foot looked like a piece of pizza that someone was holding upside down and all the cheese and sauce was sliding off. It was really gross, and there is a smell. Anyway, at that point I realized I NEVER want to work with feet, so I guess I won't apply for the job even though I want too since I feel like now I've been challenged.

There is one job open that I would really like to get, I need to submit a resume and cover letter tomorrow. I think my resume is pretty good, but my cover letter could still use some work. Does anyone have some great cover letter tips or suggestions? The only one's I've gotten so far is to try and address the letter to an individual and don't start with "I." Anyone got anything else?

The last thing I did (before I wrote this post) is make some chocolate cherry oatmeal cookies. They are really good and I was able to freeze half the batter for some other time. (The recipe for the pumpkin loaf I made the other day is here).

I have been in a better mood today, because I am so happy my stories are coming back on tonight. Mainly The Office, we LOVE that show and I'm so excited it is coming back on! We have also become addicted to Glee, (we are officially Gleeks). Have you seen it?

6 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I made banana ice cream to eat while I watched Top Chef.

We are also Gleeks, but tonight? That is dedicated to SURVIVOR! Don't make me vote you out.

Shelley said...

Gleek here - love that show!

Tonight, thanks to the miracle that is my DVR, I will get to record Survivor AND all the NBC lineup (woot, the Office is back!!!) while I am at my normal Thursday night meeting - I will end up staying up way too late tonight, but as Bob is my witness, I will watch everything!

Your bathroom looks much better. Never understood putting in a colored toilet, but I guess that was all the rage back in the day.

Afraid I'm no help with the cover letter, but good luck with the job you want. NOT the foot job - ewww.

Anonymous said...

the bathroom looks really cute. the color combo somehow works.

that foot story? disgusting.

im excited about thursday night tv too. im pissed that i have to wait until october something for the new 30 rock though. sigh. fortunately last seasons dvds come out on tuesday, so there's that. (am i revealing too much about myself?)

DAVs said...

Oh poo. I forgot about all these premieres and I didn't set the DVR for ANYTHING. My mom is here on a quick trip so I'm stuck.
When does 30 Rock premiere?? I can't miss that!
I have heard of Glee but missed it. Too much TV, too little time.

Not Your Aunt B said...

STAY AWAY FROM THE FOOT CLINIC. Trust me. Please. If it's not diabetics then it is old people and they are both equally bad in different horrendous ways.

YAY for tv. I missed Glee but need to catch up on it. Between Top Chef, Biggest Loser, ANTM, Project Runway, Mad Men, Hoarders, The Office my DVR is going crazy and there's still Lost, 30 Rock, and others I am sure I am missing. And I don't get HBO even.

That bathroom is scary. Pink with a blue toilet? WTF? The new paint is much better.

creative kerfuffle said...

bathroom redo? awesome
foot job? not in a damn million yrs. that is just nasty.
tv? i love the office so don't have any idea why i've never been a regular watcher. also watched community. it has potential.
cover letters? i hate writing them, BUT i would be happy to help you (writing/editing...i used to get paid to do it). one thing w/ cover letters is to refer back to the skills they listed in the ad and how you are qualified in that.