Friday, May 1, 2009

Weight Loss Win

May is starting out just the way I like, with a nice pile of cash! This morning I found out I won our work weight loss challenge. I lost 15.4 pounds in 16 weeks, which really isn't THAT stellar, but still enough to win! I won 280$ (pictured above). I am going to use the money to buy some Flor tiles, which are my new obsession. Home furnishings and decorations are my absolute favorite thing to spend money on, buying clothes for Eli is probably a close second.

This month should be a good one. We are going to Alabama in a little over two weeks ( I haven't tried on my size 8s since the last picture I showed you, I might try again this weekend to see if I am getting closer to wearing them AND breathing) to go to my nephew's graduation. We are both looking forward to it, and I have already talked to my niece about babysitting for us TWO nights while we are down there. Two nights out for us is unheard of, the last time we went out was in December when my Mom watched Eli for 3 hours...

Another big thing this month is I am turning in my resignation! I will do it right when we come back from Alabama, which gives them two months to replace me which I think is fair. I can not wait, I just feel like once I can tell them I am quitting I will finally be FREE! Of course turning in my resignation means the beginning of FREAKING out about getting a job in Alabama. Teddy's stipend is NOT enough for us to live on and I have to find SOMETHING so we can have the luxuries we are used to, like food and a place to live.

Anyway today I am going to try to be happy about my winnings and I am going to try VERY hard not to Google pig flu today...wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!!!

Teddy

Hotch Potchery said...

Yay! That is very, very cool. I like the Flor tiles...is the link to the ones you want to get?

May is starting out fine here...not as good as yours, but we are having a TON of company and my house is NOT. ready. So, there is a bunch of cleaning in my future.

creative kerfuffle said...

whoot whoot for winning money AND losing weight! very cool. and, though i don't have any, i love those flor tiles. what an AWESOME idea. my home furnishings fetish is lamps. and rugs. and bedding. alas, i hardly every buy any.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Yay for the weight loss and the money! That is awesome! Almost a pound a week, which is crazy good in my book. And I love those tiles. I had never seen them before, but now I want them. I will need to get wood floors first.

Shelley said...

How fun to lose weight and be rewarded with cold, hard cash! It's such a win-win situation! (Or win-win-win, if you watch The Office)