Friday, May 15, 2009

I can see the light

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I was telling Teddy that for whatever reason I psychologically feel like today marks the beginning of the end of my most horrible job. I have worked here for five (5!) years this month. I started fresh out of graduate school and immediately disliked the job because I believed I had been lied to about what the job actually was, and yet I stayed here for five (5!) years, so who is the idiot now?

Next week I am only working on Monday and then at the butt crack of dawn on Tuesday we are leaving for Alabama (where we are moving OMG!). My mom is going to my sister's house today so she will already be there waiting for us. We are coming back to NJ on the 25th and then I'll be coming back to work on the 27th and the first thing on my agenda for the day is TURN IN RESIGNATION. I am very excited (again, I have wanted to quit this job since the DAY I started, but yet here I am five years later)but I have been having stress dreams for a week now. I think I'm afraid I will try and turn in my resignation and they will refuse and some way or another I will HAVE to work here for the rest of my life.

Resigning is also very stressful for me because it means that SOON I won't have any job. I haven't started to freak the fuck out YET...but it is coming. I just don't know how we will survive if I can't find a job, and Teddy won't find out if he gets his buyout package until the end of June. Because of how several things have worked out we have a feeling like we were "meant" (argh, barf, blech...that sounds so much like my mom, but really it is true) to move to Alabama at this time. I keep trying to tell myself that something will come through and everything will be OK, but I still can't help having mini panic attacks every few days because OMG we will starve (it isn't like my very own sister doesn't live in the town and I'm sure would at least feed Eli so my precious baby didn't starve).

In less stressful news Teddy and I have been thinking of where we would like to go once Teddy finishes school. It is fun to think about, and a lot of times we think we would like to move back here, and sometimes I think a nice beach town in North or South Carolina would be nice too. We aren't fans of the West Coast, and although I think I would like Chicago, I think it would be too cold for me. Does anyone have any suggestions (I have a feeling Austin might come up)?

4 comments:

DAVs said...

HA. Your feeling is right, oh wise one.
Seriously, Austin is a cool town. It's hot, but other than that, it's casual, liberal, hippie (sometimes annoyingly so), with a great music and cultural scene, tons of great restaurants, and of course, Mr. and Mrs. Leebot live here. Well, technically we moved 15 minutes out of Austin to Lakeway so we could have a big lot and be by the lake, but still...our mail will get to us even if it's addressed to Austin.

Anyway, come visit and I think you'll like it very much. It is very very different in every way possible from College Station. Sorry HP.

And yes, I think HP will feed your adorable baby. And probably you and Teddy too. So don't freak out.And HOORAY for leaving a crappity job.

Penny said...

I think I would really like Austin, we definitely are going to come visit sometime and check it out!

Hotch Potchery said...

I liked College Station. I probably would like Austin too. I like Texas.

We like to play the where would we live game too. When you guys are done here, assuming we are still here, we have thought we might move on as well.

We really like the idea of the Carolinas. and Chicago.

Yes, Eli will get fed! I told you that your house has muscadine vines...and a raccoon. You won't go hungry.

creative kerfuffle said...

mmm, muscadine smoothered raccoon, sounds yummy : )
and the carolinas are nice. truly. we live about 4 hrs from the beach and 3-4 from the mtns. it does get hot in the summer but for the most part it's lovely. you can live in a big city or small town in the span of 30 miles.