Friday, February 5, 2010

NYR progress

That's my New Year's Resolution progress to those of you not in the know. I really FEEL committed to my NYRs but that doesn't seem to really be helping me actually DO anything about them. Let's remind ourselves what my resolutions are:

1. Run a half marathon
Um, nope. I still haven't found one I want to sign up for
2. Finish a 10K in less than 60 minutes
Nope. I have a 10K tomorrow but I hear it is a killer so I'm sort of assuming this is not going to be the one.
3. Finish a 5K in less than 30 minutes
I DID THIS ONE. I ran a 5K on 1/23/10 in 29:23, go me!
4. Wear a bikini on the beach (for the first time EVER) on our 10 year anniversary (August 2010), and look good doing it.
OK, I BOUGHT a bikini but that is the only thing I've done so far. I seriously need to start toning if I plan on wearing a bikini without DYING of embarrassment.
5. Take a yoga class
Nope. They are so expensive.
6. Start knitting again, and at least make some more coffee cup cozies.
Once a week I think about getting my knitting out, and it still hasn't happened.
7. Say "yes" more
I'm doing pretty good at this. I say "yes" to Eli much more about reading stories and playing games (I'm a horrible mother because I don't really enjoy these things. I hate to hear myself read out loud and Eli is super annoying to play games with but it has gotten more enjoyable the more I make myself do it)
8. teach Eli to swim
Nope
9. Play in the Gulf of Mexico with Eli and Teddy
hopefully this summer!
10. Have more sex
NOPE, I think if it is possible we are having less sex, which totally sucks but it seems like by the time there is opportunity we are both so exhausted we discuss it and then toss that option out and go to sleep instead.

OK, so now that I'm thinking about it I got 1/10 completed and I still have almost 11 months to do the other 9 so maybe I'll actually do it! How are your resolutions going?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is precisely why I do not make resolutions. I disappoint myself enough without making it official.

Shelley said...

Awesome on #3 - I am so impressed! You never know - #2 may just happen tomorrow!!!

I'm doing ok on mine...at least I think I am. I really should go back and see what they are!

Susans Journey To Stay Fit said...

I didn't make any offical resolutions this year for just the reasons you stated.
Not enjoying reading out loud to your son doesn't make you a bad mom. You love him and your trying so don't be so hard on yourself...its hard when the kids are little.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Right now, I am doing okay with the fitness/nutrition resolution. I do good about 85% of the time, this week I have been really good, only missing one workout. ONE! But...it sure as hell better start translating into weight loss or increased tone because it is a lot of work!

lastchanceivf said...

I didn't make any resolutions.

The cracked me up about reading to Eli and you not liking your voice, and that he is annoying to play games with...do you let him win??

I'm doing weekly yoga but it's free so that's good. We lucked out for once!

creative kerfuffle said...

i hated playing games w/ my kids when they were little too, sooooo annoying. the games were stupid (i cringe at how many times i've played that wretched candy land and guess who). now that they're older we can play better games, though i still don't like playing scrabble w/ them. i'm a scrabble snob and hate playing w/ people who play 3-4 letter words all the damn time.