Thursday, February 11, 2010

thoughts before EXTREME SNOW 2010

  • I love blogs, and I love to read people's blogs and really I like to read about just about anything, food, kids, trying to have kids, trying not to have kids, working, not working, eating or not eating, exercising, pets, complaining..really whatever, but I can not stand to read about when people or their kids get the barfing flu. It just makes me feel like my skin is going to scritchy scratch right off and I have to click away really fast. I have this really irrational fear that reading about someone else's barfing flu is going to make ME have the barfing flu and really? to me? Worst.thing.ever. Worrying about getting the barfing flu keeps me up at night, now I'm afraid all this talking about the barfing flu is going to jinx me. Must stop.
  • Have you seen that commercial for I Can't Believe it's Not Butter with Megan Mullally? It is the one where she sings Turn the Tub Around? Well anyway inexplicably for the last SEVERAL nights me and Teddy have gotten into conversations about better fake butter song combinations and so far my favorite is spray on spray on butter (you have to sing it to the Beach Boys Sail on Sailor tune) Ugh, never mind this probably makes absolutely no sense to you.
  • It may or may not snow up to 2 inches tomorrow and people are losing their minds (remember I live in Alabama). OMG SNOWPOCOLYPSE we are all going to DIE BUY water and peanut butter in bulk!
  • When our dog died I SWORE I would NEVER EVER in my WHOLE life get another dog because it is just too.hard. BUT Eli is already asking about getting another dog and I've already consented too "maybe in a couple of years." AHHH how fast NEVER turned into "maybe."
  • I don't get why people don't like Valentine's Day. I mean I guess I get why single people don't like it, but even then I just used it as an excuse to eat cookie dough and watch sappy movies but I really don't get why people who are part of a couple don't like it. I mean I know it is a made up consumer holiday, but who cares? It is fun and you might get some candy, what's so wrong with that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't liked it for years, whether coupled or single. It seems so forced to me. I hate the competition between women in the "what'd YOU get for VDay?" area. I've always said I'd rather have my hubby bring me candy/flowers on a random Tuesday than on a dictated faux holiday. Plus, I hate how it makes even the best of single people feel like shit when every other day they're fine, awesome even, with their solo status.

Anonymous said...

i really dont enjoy reading about the barfing flu either. or writing about it for that matter.

oh, Food, Inc was good but definitely made me look at any and all foods differently. i may never eat again.

Shelley said...

We weren't going to get another dog after our 15 year old wiener dog, Jackie, died in Sept. of 2006. But with the kids gone, the house was too quiet. And, both my husband and I agreed that we missed coming home and having someone ecstatic over the fact that we'd returned (I know, what does that say about our marriage, lol?). Enter Paco the Wonder Dog on Nov. 30, 2006. Yep, we didn't even last 3 months. So I know what you are going through...let me know what you name him. :)

Meg said...

I would LOVE a good barfing flu. I'd be sure to lose a good 3 pounds, and also have several (involuntary) ab workouts. I'll take it. And I'm with you on V-day. Any excuse to get presents and candy is okay with me. Oh, and to remember to tell your loved ones that you love them.

Hotch Potchery said...

I do not like any mention of barfing, and I hate every.single word that means barfing.

I really, really wanted hummus and apples/cheese/crackers for Survivor tonight so I went to Kroger with every other person in our town and I laughed at home much WINE everyone was buying. And rotisserie chickens.

lastchanceivf said...

That butter commercial is so stupid that when it came on the other day Mr. LC and I looked at each other and said "Really? This is what they come up with these days? Where are the Madmen??"

I love Vday. We don't do presents, but we do homemade cards that are usually hilarious and not mushy AT ALL and of course there is candy.

I'm jealous of the potential snow. They teased us with 'wintry mix' and all we got was tons of super cold rain.

creative kerfuffle said...

i am w/ shelly overlook on vday. i think the forced nature of it is what gets me. though we do do valentine's day--hello, my kids would be pissed w/out candy or a stuffed animal or SOMETHING. and the hubs and i also exchange gifties/candy.
i have a friend who is like you when it comes to expelling stuff orally. it's never really bothered me all that much.
i am dying laughing about your snowmageden down there. sounds worse than when people freak out here in nc over the snow.