Monday, September 14, 2009

confessions

  • I lost my wedding band. This is making me very, very grumpy. I HATE losing things and it makes me feel irresponsible to lose something. I am very judgey when other people lose things and think that "if they were more organized ..." etc, they wouldn't lose things. I put it on before I went to pick up Eli from daycare on Friday and that evening I noticed it was gone. It was too big since I have lost weight and I think it just slipped off.
  • I have been smoking. No more than one cigarette a day, and not every day, but still it is a slippery slope and I have to knock it off. I have been using cigarettes to get through the monotony of my day, I think "oh I"ll just go out back and have a cigarette on the swing" and then I always feel like crap afterwards.
  • I have been indulging in too much "retail therapy." Buying things makes me happy, it always does. I have been buying stuff for our house that I really shouldn't be until I have a job, but this weekend I bought curtains for our bedroom (at Target) and honestly they do make me feel better, but I still feel bad about spending the money. I have bought all of us clothes at Old Navy, I bought Eli pajamas from Kohls and I bought entirely too much stuff at Target for our house.
  • I've been cheating at Weight Watchers. I have no idea why I do this, because the ONLY one who sees my WW food journal is me, but for instance if I have a peanut butter sandwich I will put "1 tablespoon of peanut butter" when I'm SURE I used way more than that. I have no idea why I do this, and it really serves no purpose...but I'm sure it explains why I'm not currently losing any weight.

Ahhh I feel better now that I've confessed. Do you have any?

5 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

That sucks about your ring. I noticed it being way too big last week, then forgot to ask you about it.

I am not cheating at weight watchers, but I just refuse to journal if it puts me negative...that is pretty dumb.

So where you shop and smoke, I play trivia, my DS and have beers.

I am glad you confessed though...sometimes I feel like I am the only douchebag who can't keep her shit together.

Not Your Aunt B said...

How much time you got?

Shelley said...

Sorry about your wedding ring - I really hope it turns up.

Cheating on your WW journal is cracking me up because I occasionally did that on my food log. Like who is looking, and if the tree falls in the forest will I gain a pound?

And sometimes retail therapy is the only thing that keeps me going.

DAVs said...

If it makes you feel any better I lost my engagement/wedding ring TWICE. The first time I went snorkeling with it on...yeah, duh. Ask Bea about it.
The second time it was stolen but only because it was in my purse, which was 'hidden' under my front seat while I was working out and someone broke into my car and stole my purse and thus got my ring. So now you probably REALLY think I'm irresponsible.

I have eaten three GIANT cookies today, from Panera. I mean, they're so greasy they soaked through the napkins I had them wrapped in, and I still ate them. Even though all day long I look at carotid arteries that have plaque in them and talk to people about taking care of themselves. Sigh.

I could go on and on and on but really...I'd just look even more pathetic.

creative kerfuffle said...

great confessions! i hope you find your ring. my confession? even though i know i NEED to go back to work (so we don't lose everything we've worked for) i don't want to go back to work. i really like being here when the kids get home from school. summers? that's another issue.