Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm freaking Martha Stewart*

*Edited to add photographic evidence of today's awesomeness.

One of the things I remember most vividly from the last time I was jobless (Aug 2000-Jan 2001) was how much NOTHING I did. Well, of course except smoke, and eat and get really fat and depressed. I think this time I am so determined to NOT go into a depression that maybe I'm over doing it. I told Teddy this morning that sometimes I just feel so insignificant but running and completing tasks makes me feel better.

It is almost 5 PM here Central Time ( I really dislike Central Time mostly because of the TV schedules, I can't seem to get used to prime time coming on at 7 PM) and here are the things I've done so far:
  • jogged 5.5 miles

  • primed the doors and closet doors in my room and Eli's room ( and when Eli got home he promptly asked me to put them back to brown. sigh.) (6 doors total)

  • showered (this is something worth putting on the list to me because I don't really like to shower, I don't know why)

  • went and had a pedicure ( this seemed sort of indulgent, but since jogging is really the only thing left I have to do I like keeping my feet in good shape)

  • went grocery shopping

  • made Pumpkin Bread from scratch for Eli and Teddy (they LOVE the Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf so I tried to make them a healthy (er) version. It is good but it isn't so moist and delicious like the Starbucks version
  • cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes

  • picked up Eli from daycare, picked up Teddy from work
  • ate shitload of HEALTHY pumpkin bread.

Before you know it I will be decoupaging things and organizing my spices alphabetically. It is a good thing.


6 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I originally typed just a long comment I am going to turn it into my own post. That is how lazy I have become.

DAVs said...

I love to check things off of lists and feel accomplished, but I'm also the queen of doing nothing when I have a big span of time.

And how do your feet survive pedicures and then run so much? I find if I get a pedicure (which I haven't done in years now...so sad) they get rid of all my callouses (how do you spell that??) and I need them for running. Of course, I have MAJOR feet issues so why am I even talking?

shut up now.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Love pedicures. So fun. What color are you painting the doors? And yum, pumpkin loaf. So good.

Meg said...

I get such a sense of accomplishment out of checking things off of lists that I will actually put things on a list that I've already completed, just so I can feel like I've made a good start. Psychotic. Also- do share your recipe- LOVE that evil Starbuck's pumpkin loaf.

Shelley said...

Showered - lol! I get that. It's not the shower so much as it is the hair drying afterward.

Running 5.5 miles is awesome - I guess those endorphins are helping you in your supersonic housewifery ways, eh?

Oh, glad you liked the Lee jeans...just wondering, if I bought a 10, what size did you get - 6?

creative kerfuffle said...

holy crap i feel like an underachiever! i get the showering thing. though i do it every day, why the hell does it seem like a chore? when i first got laid off i was much more productive. painting, organizing, etc. then it sort of fell by the wayside. i partially blame it on fb and the other is that i think i'm just inherently lazy. love the pic of eli w/ the thumbs up! like thanks mom--good job today : ) so cute.