Tuesday, September 8, 2009

blah

We had a really great weekend, and Teddy and I both said that this weekend made us think that moving here was totally worth it. We had a BBQ and my sister and her family attended as well as Teddy's brother and Sister in Law. It was really great. The 5,000 calories I ate in Salt and Vinegar chips were worth it too.

In spite of the great weekend I'm still feeling blah today. It is the same story, that with out working I really feel sort of useless and losery, which is sad that so much of my identity is wrapped up into having a job, but there it is. I'm trying to cheer myself up, so let me share with you some bullets of goodness.

  • I got two DVD's of thirtysomething in the mail today. I love watching TV on DVD. I just got done watching season 3 of Dexter and Teddy and I loved it.
  • Small. I ordered a small shirt from Old Navy and I got it today AND it fits. I know that small at Old Navy is probably the same as Medium anywhere else, BUT I was wearing an XL from Old Navy and to own a clothing item that says SMALL AND FITS is totally rocking my world.
  • My 15 year high school reunion is in less than a month and I must find something fabulous to wear. I'm thinking of splurging and getting something from Anthropologie, but it does sort of make me feel guilty since I have NO INCOME.

That's all I got for now. I've been a sucky blogger and a sucky commenter...I must get out of my funk.

5 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

i also love watching tv on dvd! our pleasures are west wing and lost. though i'm thinking about jumping on the house bandwagon too. god i love that.
blah days are normal. seriously. sometimes they hit you out of nowhere and you look around and feel like a turd and then the next day, for no particular reason, bam, you're feeling like a unicorn pooping rainbows. keep your chin up pen--you will get through this. i sooooo feel you when you say you feel guilty about spending money on yourself when you aren't working. omg. i am right there w/ you. but, you have always contributed and you still contribute, even if it's not monetarily. i'm sending positive, happy, rainbow thoughts your way.

Hotch Potchery said...

I just bought a dress at Old Navy and it is an XL and I am pretty psyched!! (oh and it fits)

We also had a great time this weekend and are really glad you live here!!

Shelley said...

A size small?!? Dang, that's impressive!!! You really have made a huge change in your body, going from an XL to a small - many congratulations!!!

You should definitely splurge and get something fabulous for your reunion...that is one occasion that you MUST be confident in what you are wearing!

Sorry you're in a funk...have you checked out any moms groups that you and Eli could attend and make some new friends? If you're not working, maybe just having something more to do each day might help. And btw, staying home with a toddler is for sure work!

DAVs said...

Woo hoo for thirtysomething. I hope it lives up to your expectations and you don't think I'm a total loser for loving.every.second.of.it. Now go watch it now so you can email me your thoughts, opinions, and critiques!

Congrats on the small! That's awesome. Have fun shopping for your reunion--I love anthropologie but I rarely shop there b/c of the price. But when we go to the one in SoHo there is always awesome sales, so maybe there are sales online, too?

Not Your Aunt B said...

Yay on everything except feeling blah. Sometimes you just are blah. And if you order from Anthropologie 1) try it on in the store or 2) order early and in 2 sizes (return one later) as their sizes are weird (I always wear a size or two bigger there than any other place, but their cuts are also more tailored). Fun!