Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I could be a great housewife...

If I didn't hate it so much. AND I need to clear up something that I feel sort of guilty about... Eli is in daycare during the day so I'm here all day by myself. I know. I know. That really doesn't seem too awful, but I'm not a good at home by myself kind of person, I can't relax and I just end up doing dumb chores all day. Here is the things I've already done today:

1. jogged 5 miles
2. painted trim in my bathroom (I say MY bathroom because I have banned Eli and Teddy from it. This is the first time in..uh....hmmm maybe since I was in high school that I don't have to share a bathroom and it is HEAVEN)
3. cleaned dog poop out of the yard
4. laundry
5. dishes
6. swept and swiffered both bathroom floors
7. vacuumed
8. cleaned kitchen counter tops

If it wasn't for the pesky fact of needing to make money to keep Eli in daycare and needing to make money for my sanity, I would make a terrific housewife. Oh and I'm showered and dressed...Not like in a dress and heels or anything, but I count taking a shower as a WIN.

4 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

I am the complete OPPOSITE. I would have jogged, laundry and dishes, and perhaps cooked something for lunch/dinner, but I would not have done floors or painted. I would have played online and watched Netflix.

I haven't vacuumed in a LONG LONG time. Maybe tomorrow. ha ha my word verification is "exampul"...maybe that is blogger's way of telling me to clean my house already.

Shelley said...

You are obviously not spending enough time on the internet...that will kill most of the day!

Jogged 5 miles? Painted, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned? Girl, you have a lot of energy! If I were your sister, I'd drop major hints about my house needing vacuuming to get you to expend some of your extra energy over there. ;)

I didn't realize that Eli was in daycare all day...no wonder you are bored! For your sanity, I hope you do find something (work, hobby) to do soon!

DAVs said...

I say, live it up!
Hooray for having your own bathroom after a long time of sharing, that's gotta be nice.
I am now inspired by your uber productivity (since today is my day off and it's just me and the dogs and the cat) so I will set out to accomplish many things...
step one, get off the damn computer.

PS About those Leebot reviews...yeah, cool.moms just told Lee's publicist that she didn't think moms would want to listen to his music over and over. And then the woman at XM? She just flat hates Leebot. But every other single review he's received has been really really good and we're still waiting on a few more to come in (not that it's meant diddly in terms of CD sales).

creative kerfuffle said...

dude--get on the internet. fb, etc. ok, actually, don't listen to me. what you are doing is much more productive. i am home alone until 2pm when the girl gets home. i usually clean some house and do laundry, and fritter away WAY too much time online. although some of that is spent looking for a J.O.B. enjoy this time, that's what i keep telling myself. because, before you know it we'll be back at work and will never have another damn minute to ourselves : )