Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nine

Yesterday Teddy and I "celebrated" our 9th Anniversary. I say "celebrated" because we went to kid's night at a local restaurant and there was a balloon animal artist, and a pinata. We had a really nice time getting to sit around with my sister and her family, but we were both a little bummed we didn't get to have a romantic night.

Our anniversary has been severely overshadowed for the last four years by a tiny little boy. I get so wrapped up in planning birthday parties that I tend to forget about our anniversary until it is an after thought. We are really hoping that we do something fancy for our 10th anniversary next year, like get drunk in Florida (what? we live in Alabama now...getting drunk in Florida is fancy).

One thing I did think of yesterday while I was jogging was that if you were ever looking for motivation to stay fit and attractive for your partner, move to a town of 20,000 college students. I'm pretty sure after seeing the 100th pair of firm, tan thighs that I ran a little harder and little longer....Bless Teddy's heart for being a little too absent minded professor-y to always notice, but I'm sure he has to notice sometimes, I mean for God's sake these girls are so FIRM that *I* notice.

Anyway, that was a weird sidetrack, but I wanted you to know that in the battle of me against my router, I finally won (after purchasing a new one) and I am coming to you from my dining room table, so I will be around to visit soon, because I missed you guys.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

*Raises hand* I live in a college town...not only are the girls all fit and firm, but they're tan and have super-white teeth!

Happy Anniversary - at least now you have an entire year to plan something big for your 10th!

Hotch Potchery said...

HEY, getting drunk in Florida is a tradition for 10th anniversaries with sister's watching babies!

I was kinda bummed for you as well---

creative kerfuffle said...

oy vey on the college-town motivation. and happy anniversary!!! i know of what you speak--the hubs and i rarely do anything extravagant for our anniversaries (or birthdays). it seems kids always come first. and, while i do think they should--we also need to remember that if it weren't for the couple there'd be no kids.
getting drunk in florida sounds like a perfect 10th anniversary plan!

DAVs said...

Happy Anniversary! Now I posted my funny flashback pic AND a link to Lee's song back then...so where's your funny pic for us?? We just hit 15 years, our anniversaries are very close month/day wise...

BOO to college legs/toned thighs. UGH. But you look maaaahvelous!

Not Your Aunt B said...

I hear you on the college girls. They come into the ER all the time and it is super motivating, but I don't I am ever ever gonna look that way even with a time machine. Happy Anniversary!