Monday, July 13, 2009

threes

It always seems like bad things (and good things) happen in thirds around here. We found out last week that we are going to have to pay a lot of money up front for our medical insurance next year, and they want the money now. That sucks...we are generally healthy people BUT I wouldn't risk not having insurance.

It also seems my UTI made a reappearance over the weekend. Yay, that is awesome...I already made an appointment to see my PCP but damn now I have to go there and pay 20$. I was really hoping my self diagnosing and old prescriptions would do the trick. I also have some Zoloft in the cabinet from when I had PPD and some Valium from a neck muscle thing, maybe I should just take those too and call it a day.

Now I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop...when something happens I wonder if that was the third thing or not. In my wacky mind the things have to be around the same severity, so if today I give myself a paper cut, well that isn't bad enough so that can't be the third thing... so now I just wait.

Oh, I just got a text from my sister reminding me that my mom is coming to visit us in September, maybe that is the third thing.

4 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

crap--about the upfront insurance money. that blows. i also worry about things in threes and when something happens i wonder ok, is this the third thing or is it not bad enough to be the third thing? i hate that.
the good thing about your mom's visit is at least you and hotch can have each other to lean on : )

Not Your Aunt B said...

Ugh. UTIs suck. And why do they need the insurance money up front now? Insurance companies make me crazy. The only good thing is when your mom comes to visit you should be living near your sister so it will be a little easier, right?

My word verification : gasurine. It had urine in it! Maybe you have gas too and that could be the third thing.

DAVs said...

Sorry about the UTI...they sound so painful and annoying. I'm hoping that you buck the trend and bad things only happen in twos!

Hotch Potchery said...

There is no way that mom is the third thing, she is WAY worse and she will at least do three ridiculously annoying and creepy things while here.

Maybe your third thing is that the UTI appointment isn't until the end of the week???

AND, that 650 lb virgin lost weight.