Monday, July 27, 2009

officially not fat

When I first started Weight Watchers my BMI was in the "obese" category. Today when I weighed in I officially moved into the "healthy" category. In my mind this means I am officially NOT fat (although quite honestly I still feel fat). I have identified myself for almost my entire life as "fat."

I have lost 10% of my body weight three times (confusingly to me this does not equal 30%, I am still a few pounds away from having lost 30% of my body weight). Today I hit my third goal. It has taken me FIVE months to lose fifteen pounds, but I did it. I am moving on to a new goal of losing another 10 pounds, it might take me another five months, but I can do it.

I used to believe that I couldn't do it, when people would say "if I can do it, so can you!" I never believed them, and I honestly believed they had something inside them that I just didn't have. I am here to say SERIOUSLY if I can do it, so can you!

PS My laptop charger/cord thingumabob broke and now we can't use our laptop because we don't have a way to charge it...I have ordered a new one but until then I can only check on you in bloggy land at work.

PPS After SEVERAL weird delays (which included the car dealer driving Teddy from Manhattan to NJ to get me to sign a paper today) we are finally in possession of our new car, I am seriously hoping cars last a good 50-60 years because I will shoot myself in the face if I have to do that again.

PPPS This is my last week of work. HOLY SHIT.

11 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

That is so great about the BMI!! I am .3 away from only being regularly obese, as opposed to EXTREMELY obese, and I am pretty damn happy about that.

That sucks about your laptop power...but yay to your new car!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

That's awesome! I remember going from morbidly, to regular obese, and then healthy! It's a great feeling.

Keep up the good work!

F. McButter Pants said...

Is that Holy Shit a good thing or a bad thing? Great weight loss. 15 lbs lost in 5 months is lots better then 15 lbs gained in 5 months.

I salute your accomplishment!

Shelley said...

That is fantastic! I am looking forward to being merely overweight as opposed to the obese beast that I've been ever since I started this journey.

So glad you got your car at last - that is insane how hard it was for y'all to buy it, though!

Woohoo to your last week at work!!!

Not Your Aunt B said...

THAT is AWESOME! Seriously. I am in awe, I am proud, I am so happy for you. You worked your butt off and you did it! Well done! WOOT, WOOT!

Meg said...

I need to get into that "if I can do it, you can too" group! Congratulations! Really, what an accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Great for your new BMI! I am 161 pounds, almost 5.2" and I am in the obese category, even though I wear a size 12 pant!

I wish I were taller! :D

Are you going to be a stay at home Mom now?

Penny said...

biz319

I am 5.2" as well! I started at 191, so I was definitely WELL into the obese category!

I wish I were taller too!

No, we are moving and I will be looking for a new job as soon as we get there, my son will be starting pre-school (OMG sob) in August.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Hotch's blog... your post was what I needed to see as someone who is a slooooww loser. I lost 10 pounds between January and April, and have been dancing with it ever since. But I guess those small losses really do add up, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, and congratulations on your new BMI status!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Though you might not want to read my latest post..

CK2