Monday, February 9, 2009

Twenty Percent

Today I am officially twenty percent lighter than I was on June 25, 2008. I am really proud of myself but I am also getting a little burnt out. I feel better, and I look better, but it is so hard for me that almost eight months later and I am STILL fat.

I am trying hard to stay motivated, and it has definitely helped that my sister has recently joined Weight Watchers but I'm starting to hear that old voice in the back of my head that says "oh just eat it, one piece of cake won't hurt." I really thought that by now I would be smoking hot, and really I'm still just working on not looking too frumpy.

I am still wearing a size 12, although now it is a petite, but I want to look HOT damn it! I know a size 12 would be small for some people (and I know for others it would be big) but I would really like to get down to at least an 8.

I was really upset when I tried on my bathing suit, because I still look like a chubby mom...I'm not sure who I thought I was going to look like but I definitely am not there yet. I want to stay motivated, I just don't know how.

P.S. Thanks to all of you who asked about your blog rolls, for now maybe just leave me off and I'll take a little time to let things blow over and then maybe in a month or so I'll ask you guys to add me back on!

5 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

20%? That is really, really great. But, I know exactly how you feel. After I had lost 50 the last time, and was in a size 16 at a regular store, I felt pretty decent...still looked craptastic in a bathing suit, but whaddya gonna do? Anyway, I started thinking I had it all under control, and here we are 6 years and 70 lbs heavier. Don't succomb.

Maybe you could try a whole set of new foods? Maybe you are just bored of your eating choices....I will make you spaghetti squash when I come visit if we can find one.

P.S. I got freaked out earlier today because I went to pennyinexhile.blogspot.com and it said it no longer existed and I thought, how the fuck? But then I realized I didn't spell exile right.

Penny said...

ha ha ha ha ha, I first started penny in exhile and then Teddy very kindly pointed out that I had spelled it wrong.

That would be fun to have spaghetti squash when you visit!

creative kerfuffle said...

that is fantastic about the 20%! really! i don't even want to talk about my size. the last time i went to the doctor i got the confirmation of what i already knew, that i'd gained about 10 lbs since last year. i have got to get serious about doing something.
and, glad you brought up the blogroll cos i was gonna ask that exact question.

DAVs said...

20% is AWESOME! And you DO NOT look frumpy! In fact, I was coveting that adorable sweater you were wearing, with the little birdie on it! Hey--I saw three more Pylones, who knew they were everywhere? And I didn't buy one thing :(

Keep up the good work! But one little piece of cake really won't hurt :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

Wow. 20%. That is a lot. Really. You should be very. very proud of yourself. I know I am in awe.

And I am in the slump too. Damn valentine's day and chocolate and candy and the post-valentine's day sale and stupid Easter candy out waaay too early. Sigh. Maybe we should do something like a weight loss pool or an exercise pool or something to get us back motivated. But, in March, 'kay cuz I got candy to eat.