Wednesday, February 11, 2009

That's DOCTOR Teddy to you...

We found out today that Teddy got into the PhD program! I am so excited for him and for our family. I think at any other time in our marriage I would have been pretty upset about the thought of moving back to Alabama, but right now it really seems like the best thing for us. We are really excited about hanging out with my sister, BIL, niece and nephew. Teddy's brother lives there too and they have horses Eli can ride!

I was at a breaking point at work today and there was a moment I was so frustrated I almost cried. This is a BIG deal for me because I DO NOT CRY at work. I am stressed, anxious, and generally unhappy at work every day. Teddy and I have talked about trying to have another kid and I definitely do not think it would have been a healthy environment to be pregnant. Today as I was packing up for the day my phone rang and it was Teddy with the news. I can't imagine a better time to have received that news, I felt such a huge sense of relief, like there is finally at least a time line to my misery.

We are super excited right now, but give me a few days and I'll be in freaking the fuck out mode. It is just my way. I really think this is such a great step for our family and I am just so proud!

P.S. I have been trying to comment on your blogs but if you don't allow anonymous comments I realized that when I leave a comment it just links back to this blog. I deleted the comment I left on Bea's blog today, when I realized that. I will have to set up a dummy account so I can comment because I miss you guys! BUT hey maybe I'll just comment anyway because now I'm moving and quitting my job anyway so THERE STUPID FUCKING BLOG RUINER.

5 comments:

Hotch Potchery said...

Mr. P is out working on the boat since we will get to have family trips this summer!!!

When you get thinking about the rednecky stuff, remember all the babysitters and craft nights awaiting you!!

I am very exclamatory!!!!!!!

DAVs said...

I love HP's overuse of exclamation points!! So there, I'm going to have to do it too!!!!
Super congrats to Teddy. A Mathalete AND PhD! Woo hoot!
And super good on a time line to ending the misery at work.
I *think* I allow anonymous comments, but now I don't know.
Must go investigate.

DAVs said...

Whoops. I didn't allow anonymous comments this whole time. Didn't even know. I changed it.
Maybe I'll get some meanies commenting now!

Not Your Aunt B said...

YAHOO! WOOT WOOT! Roll Red Tide! Ok, I don't know if he's going to Bama, but you get the point that I am super excited for him, you, and your family. Already jealous of you hanging out on the boat with your sis and you're not even there yet.

And thank God it will take you away from your evil workplace. I know what you do is good. Helping people is good. But it is so draining. You need a break!

And yes, get a secret fake ID (like in high school!) so you can comment. I'm not even going to try to figure out the anonymous comment thing. I can barely spell anonymous.

creative kerfuffle said...

yeah for teddy and what aweseome timing! really, i'm very excited for you. i can just picture you and hotch and eli and the families hanging out together on the boat! yeah : )